conditions of use
This website is operated by British American Tobacco Middle East. Please read these terms and conditions of use ("conditions of use") carefully. By accessing this website you agree to be bound by them. If you do not agree to be bound by these conditions of use you should not access or view this website.
To make these conditions of use easier to read, we use a few definitions. The terms “ BAT Kuwait for Wholesale & Retail Trading Company, “we”, “us” and “our” are used to refer to BAT Kuwait for Wholesale & Retail Trading Company.
The terms “British American Tobacco”, “the Group” and “The British American Tobacco Group” are used to refer to British American Tobacco p.l.c. and the group of companies constituting its direct and indirect subsidiaries worldwide, including BAT Kuwait for Wholesale & Retail Trading Company.
Any enquiries or questions which you have in relation to this website should be made either by using the “Contact us” facility or be addressed to BAT Kuwait for Wholesale & Retail Trading Company.
INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
a) Information about you
When you visit our website we may ask you for information about yourself, including your name, address, email address and other information. We use this information to provide you with information you request or to reply to your queries.
In addition to the information you provide, we may also collect information about you and your use of our website through the use of automatic data collection tools. These tools collect certain standard information about your access and computer, such as your browser type, operating system and language, access times and your Internet Protocol (IP) address. We use the information for statistical reporting and do not link it to any named individuals.
BAT Kuwait for Wholesale & Retail Trading Company will not intentionally collect any information about visitors to this website who are under eighteen years of age. If BAT Kuwait for Trading becomes aware that a child has provided any information this will immediately be deleted from BAT Kuwait for Trading’s records. We only keep your information for as long as is necessary.
b) Who do we share your information with?
BAT Kuwait for Trading may share your personal information in the following ways:
• To offer you our services under this website and to enable you to benefit therefrom, as well as for the purpose of system maintenance and support, we may share your personal information with other British American Tobacco entities worldwide or to third party agents, representatives or suppliers of British American Tobacco or to non-affiliated service providers (e.g. logistics businesses used to deliver products to you, marketing companies, payments processers to process online transactions, etc.) (“Third Parties”). You understand that it is important that such Third Parties have access to your relevant information to perform their functions. We may also receive information from these business (e.g. updated delivery and address information), which we may use (e.g. to correct our records and deliver your next purchase). By using our website, you hereby freely and explicitly consent to the transfer, storage, use, and disclosure of your information among Third Parties..
• BAT Kuwait for Trading may also be required to disclose your personal information to: (i) respond to duly authorised information requests from the police and governmental authorities; (ii) comply with any law, regulation, subpoena or court order; (iii) help prevent fraud or to enforce or protect the rights and properties of British American Tobacco or its subsidiaries; or (iv) protect the personal safety of British American Tobacco employees, third party agents or members of the public.
• Circumstances may arise where, whether for strategic or other business reasons, British American Tobacco decides to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganise businesses in some countries. Such a transaction may involve the disclosure of your personal information to prospective or actual purchasers, or the receipt of it from sellers. It is British American Tobacco’s practice to seek appropriate protection for personal information in these types of transactions.
We do not share, rent or trade your information with third parties for marketing or promotional purposes.
c) Accuracy of your information and your rights
BAT Kuwait for Trading strives to keep your personal information accurately recorded. You have the right to obtain a copy of the information we hold about you and/or to ask us not to process your information (or not to pass your information to third parties). If you would like copies of your information, or if you would like us to correct any factual inaccuracies in that information, or if you would like that information blocked or deleted from our records, then please contact the Corporate and Regulatory Affairs Department of BAT Kuwait for Wholesale & Retail Trading Company or e-mail us using the details in the Contact us section of this website.
If you have a complaint about how we have used your information, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
d) How do we keep your personal information secure?
British American Tobacco will take all reasonable technical and organisational measures to prevent the loss, misuse, alteration or unlawful disclosure of the information you provide to us. Any third party, agent or representative of British American Tobacco who requires access to your information will also be required to implement reasonable technical and organisational measures to protect your information.
e) Where do we transfer your information to?
Any third party, agent or representative of British American Tobacco who imports personal information in the course of providing services to British American Tobacco is required to keep that information confidential and comply with national data protection laws or, where applicable, to be bound by appropriate contractual obligations that protect your personal information.
LINKS TO EXTERNAL WEBSITES
This website includes links to external websites which are subject to their own terms and conditions and privacy policies. We are not responsible for the content of these external websites and we recommend that you familiarise yourself with the terms and conditions of such sites before you submit any information about yourself. These links are provided solely for convenience to you. No endorsement of any party, products or services is expressed or implied and accordingly BAT Kuwait for Wholesale & Retail Trading Company for Trading cannot accept any liability for the accuracy of, or otherwise in relation to, any content or the security of any activity carried out on such other websites. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage, loss or cost caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on such linked websites. Your use of such websites is at your sole risk.
1. This website is provided to you free of charge, without any warranties or guarantees unless specifically stated. The information contained in this website is intended for general information purposes only.
2. Except as expressly provided for on this website, BAT Kuwait for Wholesale & Retail Trading Company is not responsible for the content or use of any web pages or any messages sent or received by you.
3. All copyright, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights used as part of this website are vested in BAT Kuwait for Wholesale & Retail Trading Company and / or its licensors. You acquire no rights in the website other than the limited right to use the website in accordance with these conditions of use. You may not offer for sale or sell or distribute over any medium, any part of this website or its content. However, you are permitted to print out or download information and content from this website for your own personal, non-commercial use only. Other than as stated in these conditions of use, you may not make any part of the website available as part of another website, whether by scraping, crawling, hyperlink framing on the Internet or otherwise unless you have been authorised to do so in writing by BAT Kuwait for Wholesale & Retail Trading Company.
4. You shall not use this website for any illegal purposes and in particular agree that you shall not send, use, copy, post or allow any posting which is defamatory or obscene or which is abusive, indecent or in breach of the privacy of any person. You agree not to send any unsolicited promotional or advertising material, spam or similar materials or any volume messages which may interfere with the operation of this website or with the enjoyment of this website by other visitors.
5. BAT Kuwait for Wholesale & Retail Trading Company reserves the right at any time and without notice to enhance, modify, alter, suspend or permanently discontinue all or any part of this website and to restrict or prohibit access to it.
6. You hereby agree to indemnify BAT Kuwait for Wholesale & Retail Trading Company against any costs, claims, losses and damages (including legal fees) incurred by or awarded against BAT Kuwait for Wholesale & Retail Trading Company as a result of your misuse of this website or your breach of these conditions of use.
7. If you are in breach of these conditions of use BAT Kuwait for Wholesale & Retail Trading Company may suspend or block your access to this website and refuse to provide you with any further access to it.
8. BAT Kuwait for Wholesale & Retail Trading Company PUBLISHES THIS WEBSITE “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THE WEBSITE, THE ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION OR THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES REFERRED TO ON THE WEBSITE (IN SO FAR AS SUCH WARRANTIES MAY BE EXCLUDED UNDER ANY RELEVANT LAW). EXCEPT IN THE CASE OF PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH CAUSED BY ITS NEGLIGENCE OR FOR FRAUD, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, NEITHER BAT Kuwait for Wholesale & Retail Trading Company NOR ANY OTHER COMPANY IN THE BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO GROUP SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSSES OR DAMAGE WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE AND WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION DIRECT OR INDIRECT LOSS OF PROFITS), CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR SPECIAL THAT MAY RESULT FROM ACCESS OR USE OF THIS WEBSITE, HOWSOEVER ARISING. YOUR SOLE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THIS WEBSITE.
9. If any part of these conditions of use is found to be unenforceable as a matter of law, all other parts of these conditions of use shall not be affected.
10. These conditions of use govern our relationship with you and represent our entire agreement with you.
11. The conditions of use and the content of this website are governed by the Kuwait Law whose courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
British American Tobacco Office, Floor 35 Unit 21 Al Hamra Tower Al Shuhada St, Kuwait
Please send legal notices to BAT Kuwait for Wholesale & Retail Trading Company. Please send all other correspondence in relation to this website (including any enquiries or complaints) to the Corporate and Regulatory Affairs Department of BAT Kuwait for Wholesale & Retail Trading Company.